If you don’t own your day, the day owns you.
How do you start your day? What time do you rise? Are you intentional about your mornings?
I’ve been home visiting family for a couple of weeks and it’s slightly shifted my morning routine but I’m getting back on track. I decided to write this article because I realized the importance of a morning routine once I came home and acknowledged that my morning routine was lacking – I didn’t like that.
Miss Ikonic’s Morning Routine:
- As soon as I wake up I say, “Thank you Lord,” that’s first.
- Drink a glass of water. (It’s imperative that you stay hydrated and a glass of water in the morning helps get the body flowing; follow that up with water throughout the day.)
- Meditate for 10 to 20 minutes and manifest my day.
- Read my bible for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Read an article of importance. I read articles on entrepreneurship, marketing, wealth tips etc.
- Workout for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Write, rather that’s writing an article or writing in my journal etc.
- Review orders from my store (KulturallyAppropriate.com) that need to be approved and shipped out.
- Check my blog submissions and my general emails.
- Read from whatever novel I’m reading that week for 20 to 30 minutes, sometimes more.
- Watch inspirational YouTube videos from wealth, finance and entrepreneurship gurus.
Ps. I am intermittent fasting so I don’t eat until after noon, that’s why breakfast isn’t apart of my morning. I also drink Emergen-C every other day. I take an energy vitamin, a multivitamin and a hair vitamin, daily.
Every morning is not this structured and detailed but I try to stick to this routine. Obviously your morning routine will defer from mine depending on your line of work, if you have children, a dog etc. but there needs to be some type of structure and intentionality to your mornings. How you start your day, sets the tone for the day. Have you ever woke up late one morning and then your entire day felt like you were rushing? I hate that but, it happens. As we get older, we don’t defer that much from children. We still crave and need structure and guidance, especially if success and personal growth are on your menu.
Don’t merely wake up every morning, scroll through social media, listen to music, whine about how it’s too early, eat a donut, play video games, smoke a blunt and then repeat. However, let me state that weed and video games might bring you some serenity but they aren’t necessarily teaching you anything. Everyday presents the opportunity to learn something new, even if you just learn a new word – learn something!
Think of your favorite idols or moguls, I can guarantee you that their mornings are structured and intentional because their lifestyle and success depends on it and so does yours. Get back to work. Get intentional. Get motivated. Get some structure, you got this!
If you found this article helpful, insightful or just plain old necessary please share and repost – it’s free and I’d gladly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.